Thursday 1 December 2011

Portfolio Progress - Editing

As I'm writing my portfolio, I've come to realize how much a story can change from its initial inception. So much has been altered from my original idea. With editing my piece, I've successfully altered things in my story from the focus of the main character and the mythology I've been trying to fabricate to character names and even time frames in the story. I have to ask myself if all writers experience this much change as they write their stories.

I like the changes I've made so far, but at the same time, I feel as if though I am betraying my vision as a writer. How does one strike that balance? I think, in the end, I'll be happy with my piece, but, at the moment, it's far from polished and still requires that balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment